The National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals, Inc., (NAMSAP), is a 501 (c) (6) non-profit organization founded in 2005. Its members are attorneys, nurses, settlement planners, claims professionals, and others.
NAMSAP was formed to help individuals and organizations address claims impacted by the Medicare Secondary Payer Statute (MSP). The MSP is federal legislation designed to prevent the shifting of responsibility from a primary payer to the federal government in liability and workers’ compensation claims.
To serve as the leading advocate for an efficient and effective Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance system and as the industry resource for all involved parties.
To continually promote a more efficient and effective Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance system, to help to sustain the Medicare system, and to provide consistency and predictability throughout the process. Our vision is put into action through the provision of educational programs and resources, legislative advocacy, and a focus on sharing of information amongst all participants with an aim towards improvement of the industry as a whole.
Respect – Integrity – Equity – Credibility – Vision – Leadership – Proactive – Resourcefulness – Fiscal Soundness
The purposes of NAMSAP are:
- To develop standards and define best practices for the industry;
- To promote a multidisciplinary approach to the Medicare Set-Aside practice;
- To provide a forum for learning and shared knowledge between all associated disciplines;
- To provide a unified voice to affect change and improve the Medicare Set-Aside process; and
- To protect the interests of all parties in settlements involving Medicare Set-Aside related issues.